8 Safe Gift Ideas for the Active Senior in Your Life
Helpful Products That Make Your Independent Senior More Secure and Give You Peace of Mind
Bealeton, VA - According to estimates by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), "nearly one million people over age 65 are treated in hospital emergency rooms for injuries associated with the products they live with and use everyday." To help those looking for ways of keeping their senior loved ones safer, Home Sweet Home Improvements compiled this simple list with intentions of helping you create a safer living environment. CPSC says "Slips and falls are the main source of injury for older people in the home", therefore many of these products are listed to help prevent falls.
- TUBSAFE Anti-Slip Bathtub and Shower Treatment - TubSafeÂ®, a simple do-it-yourself treatment that once applied to your bathtub or shower surface. TubSafeÂ® works only on porcelain, enamel, ceramic surfaces, even unsealed concrete! DOES NOT WORK ON PLASTIC OR FIBERGLASS. Found at ElderEstore.com
- Alert One Medical Alarms for Home - The heart of the medical alert service is the medical alarm system itself. When you press your medical alert personal help button a signal is transmitted to the medical alarm which seizes your phone line and immediately contacts an Alert One monitoring center. Within moments a real person is talking to you, and ready to get you help. 24 Hours a day, seven days a week someone is there when you need them. Found at Alert-1.com
- Powered Strobe Smoke Detector with Battery Backup - The Gentex 7109LS offers protection day or night. When smoke is detected, the bright 177 candela strobe will flash approximately 60 times per minute and will also sound a 90dB alarm signal. In the event of a power failure the 9VDC battery back up will still sound the alarm without the strobe light. From elderEstore.com
- Deluxe Tub Grab Bar - Steel grab bar securely attaches with hand clamp. Attractive white texture coat finish. Rubber lined tub pads. Found at SeniorSuperStores.com
- Anywhere Light - This photosensitive, motion-activated light can is weatherproof, so it can be used outside to illuminate steps, gates, decks and shed doors. It can also be used inside to light dark hallways, rooms, basements and crawl spaces. The 5 bright LED lights come on when motion is sensed within 10 feet, goes off after about 10 seconds or when motion stops. Additionally, because the light is battery operated, no electricity or wiring is needed. Found at FirstStreetOnline.com
- Ameriphone XL30 Amplified Telephone - A powerful 30 dB amplified telephone that has a digital sound processor that reduces background noise and enhances speech intelligibility. Found at ElderEstore.com
- Great Grips - Great Grips are soft & comfortable no-slip grips that can be applied to round faucets. One size fits all! They give everyone, young and old, the ability to grip and turn faucets effortlessly. Plus, they slip on in seconds-no tools needed! Found at ErgoGuys.com
- Pathlighter Lighted Safety Cane - The Pathlighter lighted safety cane shines light at your feet so you can walk with greater assurance and safety. The light is built right into the shaft of the cane to help see what surrounds you. It provides additional safety in the dark for the visually impaired. Found at ActiveForever.com
Established in 1990 and based in Fauquier County, VA, Home Sweet Home Improvements serves the Northern Piedmont region of Virginia with the highest quality home remodeling and building services. From finishing basements to remodeling kitchens to design/build services, HSH has earned a reputation for full customer satisfaction and artisan-level quality. They are Class A Contractors licensed in Build, Electrical and Plumbing. HSH has acquired several designations including Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) and Certified Graduate Remodelor (CGR). Tools and valuable resources can be found on their website at HomeSweetHomeImprovements.com.