Home >> Remodeling Process
At Home Sweet Home Improvements, It's YOUR Project...It's All About You!
Our Remodeling Process
A Walk Through A Typical Remodeling Process
It has been our experience that understanding the process involved in a
remodeling project causes clients the most concern. It's our job to educate
you as to what goes into a project such as yours. Once you understand the
work flow, you'll feel more at ease that your project is right on track.
Our comprehensive and carefully monitored work process assures you a level of professionalism rarely expected from a remodeling company. We take pride in our work and in our client relationships. When a client comes back to us for additional work, or refers a friend, family member or neighbor, we count that as a high compliment. See Testimonials.
Here's an overview of how Home Sweet Home Improvements plans and executes a project seamlessly:
- After reviewing your information submitted through our Contact Form (link to), we'll call you within 48 hours. We will interview you, asking questions that will help us determine how we can best assist you. If we are not the appropriate contractor for you, we'll tell you and may be able to give you a referral.
- Next, we'll set an appointment to meet you at the project location for a detailed discussion of the work to be completed. This is usually a 1-hour consultation to get to know each other, as well as to further discuss the proposed project. If the scope of work to be done is well-defined, a rough estimate may be provided at this time.
- After the meeting, depending upon your needs, you may wish to have us help in some way with your design. This may mean:
- Employing us as professional consultants to help keep the design within your means while you work with your own designer or architect, or
- Assisting you with your design selections, or providing a professional, detailed estimate or budget for your project based on plans and
specifications you provide, or
- You'd like us to develop the design while working with you and your
- Determining the appropriate Contract: Once the design and construction drawings are thorough and ready for building permits, we'll determine the best approach to your project, and will suggest either a Fixed-Price Contract or a
Cost-Plus-Fee Contract. Note: If the plans or designs have not been
completed, however we have enough information (ie, construction drawings)
to start or fast track, then a Cost-Plus-Fee Contract may be the quickest solution to get the project
started, if the client so desires.
- When the type of contract has been determined, agreed upon, and
signed, we will ask for a retainer to get your project started and then a detailed project schedule will be prepared. Once the schedule has been completed, the necessary permits are procured. Then we'll schedule our first construction meeting with you. Present will be your Project Manager
and Lead Carpenter.
- Then construction gets underway. You'll be interacting regularly with our site personnel, if not in person, then through notes, e-mail, or phone calls. We'll hold weekly progress meetings with you. You'll know what is
going on every step of the way.
- During the course of your project, we'll keep the site as neat and clean as possible. Our onsite personnel will have the site broom swept
and picked up at the end of each work day.
- The project is complete when the work has been completed and you are fully satisfied. Home Sweet Home Improvements warranties all labor workmanship for 2 years, and we pledge to be available if you have concerns long after the work has been completed.
If you are looking for a professional Virginia remodeling company, please call us today at 540-439-8890 or complete our online request form.